Revolution Ringside

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the next generation in Wrestling e-Federation!

+4
Iamdave92
Bleakradiance
Zack Blaze
Mr. McMahon
8 posters

Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion

Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion Empty Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion

Post  Mr. McMahon Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Use this thread to discuss any and all opinions/Feedback from the 9.21.2012 edition of Friday Night Smackdown, including:

- Beat the Clock Series
    - World Heavyweight Championship Gauntlet

- Follow-up on the Wade Barrett/Sheamus scenario
    - New Superstar Debut

- And more!

Each reply in this thread earns +3 points!
    Zack Blaze
    Zack Blaze

Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion Empty Re: Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion

Post  Zack Blaze Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Not a big fan of Brodus Clay, hopefully Cesaro can retain the US Title at Vengeance. Its good to see Ryback getting a push toward the World Heavyweight Championship, hope he can pull out the win.
    Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion Empty Re: Friday Night Smack Down - 9.21.2012 Discussion

Post  Mr. McMahon Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Zack Blaze wrote:Not a big fan of Brodus Clay, hopefully Cesaro can retain the US Title at Vengeance. Its good to see Ryback getting a push toward the World Heavyweight Championship, hope he can pull out the win.

Feedback is much appreciated! Smile

I'm not necessarily Clay's biggest fan either, but there's a story line at work here, so I'm hoping people will give it a chance before they start to judge it. Then again if not, oh well.

Smack Down is definitely laid out all around the grid, whereas RAW, I'm still working out some of the longer-term feuds for the first few months.
    Bleakradiance

Post  Bleakradiance Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 pm

There we go! This show was a tonne better than Raw! I love the way the whole thing was delivered.

First off, let me just say that the way you handled Booker T, and writing for the GM was brilliantly done I could easily see him making all of these same decisions.

The first Beat the Clock match, has to be one of only two small issues I can critique. Seemed to me like it came in a little shorter than the clock would indicate, and you could have given a bit more to each paragraph of the match, maybe had a commercial to fill time if need be.

Next, the other bit of criticism. I found that your Dialogue for Damien Sandow seemed a little off, "Screwed" seems to be a bit of a lowbrow term for him to use, over all his language didn't seem quite appropriate for him.

Everything else was very well done, I loved Wade Barrett's promo! The way you wrote Troy really worked for me, both in the ring and in his backstage behaviour.

The Main event (Particularly the first two parts) Had to be my favorite matches of the night there was a great fast pace to them , and I was really getting into both matches. Sure I may have been biased toward loving Arcade's debut but honestly it was more that you captured his style as I'd seen it perfectly. I can't complain about Troy losing because the match was great, and honestly, Del Rio's win was far more believable than any other outcome, so I'm glad there even thought I lost the debut. Ultimately after what Del Rio went through the Squash at the end makes a lot of sense, though Ryback still hasn't proved anything. I'm sure in coming weeks he'll be majorly tested.

All in all, this show's getting a solid A! Good work man.
    Iamdave92

Post  Iamdave92 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Great show dude!!! But what is IT exactly i cant wait to see how IT turns out!!!
    Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Post  Mr. McMahon Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Glad to see everyone liked it.

Definitely took some work to get Arcade's debut right, and the match was long intentionally - but I've got some awesome stuff in mind there. I hope you can understand him having to take the loss because I wanted to keep Del Rio looking strong, as there was no way Ryback going over would have worked as well as it did if Del Rio had barely escaped with the win in the first one.

Sandow's promo was extremely difficult for me; I'm still learning and promo writing isn't exactly my strong point, but I'll get there eventually.
    cyborg878
    cyborg878

Post  cyborg878 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am

Okay, so for quality of matches and promos Smackdown reigned surpreme between the two shows. I do agree though you need to work a bit on Sandow's speech.

I have to say I don't care much for Ryback. And hope that he doesn't win the title. I wish he would be fed less, not more.
    Lonewolf

Post  Lonewolf Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 am

An Honorable Review

All the beat tje clock matches were pretty welll-written. Loved Barrett's promo. Sandow's promo was decent, but it didnt feel like it was Sandow. Maybe if we study more Shakespere can we know how to speak Sandow-ian.

The Guantlet was entertaining. Interesting how a debutee is in the guantlet and well-unexpected. Lasted longer than anyone would think. Ryback's win is great, however, I dont see Ryback as champion yet and his streak sounds like it is coming to an end real soon.

Overall, great show and THE LINKS ARE VISIBLE!!!! Solid A show
    Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Post  Mr. McMahon Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 am

cyborg878 wrote:Okay, so for quality of matches and promos Smackdown reigned surpreme between the two shows. I do agree though you need to work a bit on Sandow's speech.

I have to say I don't care much for Ryback. And hope that he doesn't win the title. I wish he would be fed less, not more.

Mat and I discussed this in detail and I'm aware many people aren't fans of Ryback, but I've decided I'm going to play this angle out the way I've planned it since the beginning regardless. Hopefully it'll win people over eventually.
    bennyidol6433

Post  bennyidol6433 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 am

Awwwwesome show!!! I actually forgot that Brodus Clay even existed so seeing him actually for the title might make me interested in him again! And the Ryback ending was a very nice touch, it was a complete curveball and hopefully it turns out to be a great feud between these two guys!!!
    Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Post  Mr. McMahon Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 am

bennyidol6433 wrote:Awwwwesome show!!! I actually forgot that Brodus Clay even existed so seeing him actually for the title might make me interested in him again! And the Ryback ending was a very nice touch, it was a complete curveball and hopefully it turns out to be a great feud between these two guys!!!

I tried to hint this at you last night, but I guess you didn't pick up on it. I'm hoping people will give this whole story a chance, as I'm trying something different but the booking to get there is long-term, so hopefully it pays off.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I've started working on RAW.
    liamjr24
    liamjr24

Post  liamjr24 Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm intrigued to see where the angles are going though, like most, I'm not the biggest Clay or Ryback fan.

I liked the champion's gauntlet and beat the clock matches, as they were a good way of getting more roster members on the show as might've been on otherwise.

All in all, an enjoyable read Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm