Revolution Ringside

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the next generation in Wrestling e-Federation!

5 posters

Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion

Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion Empty Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion

Post  Mr. McMahon Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Use this thread to discuss any opinions/feedback for the 9.24.2012 edition of Monday Night RAW, including:

Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan
    Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel vs. Prime Time Players
    Sheamus vs. Heath Slater
    Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler

Paul Heyman Addresses the WWE Universe regarding CM Punk's attack on The Miz

And more!
    Iamdave92

Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion Empty Re: Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion

Post  Iamdave92 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 pm

good show mate!!!! benny idol is gonna kick heath slaters a** so soupt lol
    cyborg878
    cyborg878

Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion Empty Re: Monday Night RAW - 9.24.2012 Discussion

Post  cyborg878 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 am

Okay so I'm going to start with the opening promo. Well it was well written i think the formatting was horrid. See the way it looks right now, it seems like more of a challenge to read, than well leisure reading. I think if you separate the speech with spaces and actions, and I mean enter spaces not the space bar, it won't make the promo look like a major task to read.

I like the commercial promos, keep those in, makes the show a little more real.

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi was good, I wish it had of been a bit longer, but it was fine as is.

As I stated with the first promo I think when you have longer promos that they need to be broken up a bit to make it less intimidating of a read.

The tag team match with PTP was a great read, good length, you broke up the action well with commentary.

Next we get a squash match. Meh. It was what it was. Though be careful not to have squashes on EVERY show. Cause it can get annoying and boring fast.

The Benny Idol promo. It was short, kinda random. I wish maybe we would have seen a little bit more of the character, to make me at least, interested in seeing him debut.

Kane vs Ziggler was well spaced and was a good length, overall the best match of the night.

The Vengeance promo was a good space filler to hype the PPV.

Heyman's promo again was not spaced well in my opinion, but for actual content, like the opening segment was really well done.

The closing of Cena and Miz attacking Heyman was in my opinion a solid way to wrap up the show and further a feud.
    Bleakradiance

Post  Bleakradiance Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Honestly I think Nate pretty much summed this one up, dude.

I will say this though. I'm not gonna be down on you over the Squash match with Slater, after all it was furthering the storyline for Seamus, using the Brogue kick against Booker's orders and the like, interested to see why there wasn't a DQ there.

Next, the promos. Long promos may be somewhat intimidating, but asside from the format, which is a bit hard to tackle, the ones I've seen on this show were quite well done, Paul's promo really made me feel like he deserved the heat he got.

So aside from basically a slight formatting issue, I think you're pretty well back into the swing of things! Maybe working on getting some length back into the matches wouldn't hurt and I can help you there the same way I did back when we were writing last time, since i Still write huge amounts for other things. x3
    Mr. McMahon
    Mr. McMahon
    Admin

Post  Mr. McMahon Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Definitely some things to address here.

- I'm glad people liked the promos, although even I agree that the way I formatted them made them look blocky and that must have been a challenge to read. I'm going to make an effort to space things out and make them more flowy (is that a word) from now on.

- The squash matches are an essential part of building up superstars, so-to-speak, and I like to include one on a show now and then if only because it can serve as filler or allow the viewer (in this case reader) to just take a break while still following the story.

- The Brogue Kick point may or may not be addressed on Smack Down; in context here, since I started this from the night after NoC and that was before Booker T unbanned the move in real life, I'm going to fix up the storyline a bit to my own tastes, while furthering the feud between Sheamus and Wade Barrett.

- I'm not really a fan of PTP, but they're there, and as a heel team they have somewhat respectable credibility, so I might as well make use of them while they're already there. Though, similar to WWE (as they stole my idea for a U.S. Title feud, so I'm owed one) I might tone down the silliness with their gimmick and make them more serious-based. Who knows?

- Just so we're aware, I don't plan on using John Cena in the CM Punk/Miz feud beyond tonight. It was just a means to an end, so-to-speak, wrapping up the Punk/Cena rivalry in WWE: RR and at the same time, allowing Miz to get his hands on Heyman to send a message. With two weeks to go until the Pay-Per-View, I'm just trying to build this feud up as effectively as possible for the first match in the feud.

- I've already been hard at work on Smack Down, so hopefully it'll be finished within a day or two. I didn't want to post it until I had at least three responses, but now that people have replied I'll be happy to oblige. Thanks for the feedback, guys!
    bennyidol6433

Post  bennyidol6433 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Awesome show! Can't wait for the Benny Idol debut! And Kane v Ziggler was the best match of the night!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 am